Founder of Phaneroo Ministries, Apostle Grace Lubega during his sermon dedicated to praying for the country ahead of the 2021 elections “Phaneroo Prayer For Uganda” went ahead to give advice on how the church and the netizens are supposed to conduct themselves in the election season.
Voters in Uganda will head to various polling stations all over the country on 14 January to vote the country’s next president.
The election season is already tense, as many fear the country may experience violence for various reasons.
In a virtual service on Friday, Christians joined Phaneroo Ministries International to pray for the country and those in authority,
The Ministry founder and vision bearer, Apostle Grace Lubega called on the Church to vote from a scriptural perspective and not just according to personal opinion.
Here are four takeaways from his remarks
Church and Nation Building
- When we pray as a nation, when we break as a nation, when we humble as a nation, when we submit ourselves to the will of God as a nation, He opens our eyes to know who to chose.
- The nation is where (it is) because of our quality of Christianity. If God shakes the Church, the nation will be aligned.
- When a nation turns itself against God, we have all kinds of leaders.
- I am not here to tell you who to chose, my responsibility is to open your eyes as a believer to understand that Church cannot ignore what is happening in the world. I believe we are entirely responsible for the things that are happening in our nation. If we take our responsibility, and break before God, and repent, and begin to preach the gospel as it should be preached, the nation will heal.
- Many of the things that are happening in our government are actually happening in our individual churches. So, when we heal in the house of God, the nation will heal.
- Peace is a revelation, and if you are born-again, you understand the chastisement of our peace; It is a discipline of the spirit. It is a state that can only be defined by the purest language of truth.
- Satan does not want peace in our land, but we refuse to lose lives in our nation because of an election.
- We refuse irresponsible reporting.
- Governing Systems: These are important, only if they carry integrity and are transparent. They must be accountable, but more than that, they must give results.
- Pray about who to vote and hear God. Don’t move with what you see. Don’t move with what you hear. Don’t move with what you think, move with what God is saying.
- Seek the mind of God for your leader.
- It is important that we make a choice according to the will of God when we are electing our leaders. Are you voting the Bible? Are you voting the truth? Are you voting righteousness? Are you voting the testimony of Jesus Christ? Whether we want it or not, this is what is happening in the whole world now. When you look at America, it is darkness versus light. We no longer (cast our votes) basing on the basics. Even when the basics allude to the minds which are simple, the underlying spirit is either the establishment of the kingdom of God, of the destruction of the kingdom of God. And there is no middle ground.
- As believers, we must be critically sensitive when we are believing God to be sure that we do no miss His message concerning our nation.
- When people believe God and follow after His ways, they receive the leader they deserve.
- We cannot have certain leaders in our land to destroy the nation further. We believe God will give us leaders, that will take our nation to the next level.
- We don’t want leaders to come as God judging a nation, we want leaders to come in the name of redeeming a nation.
Peace and Not War
- We have been praying for our nation and a lot has been averted because God reveals to redeem.
- We pray to God that our leaders, in all political parties, understand that this generation does not want to see war.
- May God give us a leader that He knows will take our nation to the next level. He knows one’s heart. We don’t know what they are saying, but God does. We might not be able to judge what they are saying, and we cannot judge them by what we see, but God knows their heart.