Multi-Award-Winning and Nigerian top gospel artist, Sinach celebrates her latest achievement as her popular song Way Maker hits 200 million views on the online streaming giant, Youtube. The singer obviously can’t contain her joy as she’s thankful for the impact the song has made in our time. The song since the song’s inception n 2015, it has been covered by a number of Christian music artists including Michael W. Smith, Mandisa, Leeland, Christafari, Passion, Darlene Zschech, and Bethel Music.
The Nigerian gospel artist when announcing the milestone on her official social media handles was quoted �?How do we explain it? Over 200 Million Views?! WayMaker is translated into over 100 languages, and covered by myriads of Gospel singers almost on a daily basis! These are things only God can do and I am most grateful for the impact this song has had in our time! Celebrate with me by watching the video right now!“|
Way Maker is a contemporary worship song that was released as a single on 30 December 2015. The song has been covered by a number of Christian music artists from all over the world. The song was undoubtedly the biggest hit in the Christian music world in 2020 and has garnered numerous music awards to date. No doubt the song has left an indelible mark on both her fans and the body of Christ in general.
View this post on Instagram
Awards And Achievements Of The Song Way Maker
- In November 2016: Sinach released an 18-track album, Waymaker – Live, titled after the single which recorded commercial success and was certified gold by the Recording Industry of South Africa (RISA).
- First Nigerian And African Gospel Singer To Perform In Lake Wood Church In USA
- In October 2019: on invitation from Joel Osteen the head pastor of the biggest megachurch in the USA, Sinach visited Lakewood Church which in Houston, Texas where she performed the song live.
- Sinach Became the First Nigerian And African Gospel Artist To Top The Billboard Christian Songwriters Chart
- In May 2020: Sinach became the first African artist to top the Billboard Christian Songwriters chart with the song Way Maker.
- In June 2020: The song reached the top spot in the Christian Copyright Licensing International Top 100 songs, a ranking based on the frequency that it is used in church worship.
- Way Maker Won The Dove Award In the USA
- In October 2020: Way Maker won the Dove Award for Song of the Year at the 51st GMA Dove Awards in the United States. She was the first Nigerian gospel artist to win the award.
Sinach Won The BMI Award For The Song Of The Year
- In August 2021: the song won the BMI Song of the year; a first for an African Gospel song.
Record Of 200 Million On Youtube
- The hit song now has garnered over 200 million views on youtube since its release on 30th December 2015 making Sinach the Frist Nigerian gospel singer to achieve this feat and the third Nigerian artist After Burna Boy On The Low and Davido Fall to achieve this milestone.